Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Profile

One of the reasons I thought I'd start a blog was so that my friends, family, and business associates could get to know me better. I also thought they might enjoy supporting me in my 2008 New Year's resolution, which for me is personally important (both for the charity and the personal challenge).

I was told today that I should put something more personal on the blog. That sounded like a good idea (I'm new to this, so be patient). A couple of things about me:

1.) I've done a couple of things really well. For starters, I married extremely well (she says, "I married above myself"). Jennifer is an amazing person and a great personal support, even when my ambitions have been inconvenient to her. Because of her, I also have three great kids; Rachael (9), Megan (6), and Ethan (3). I thought a picture montage would help introduce them:






2.) As you might have guessed, I have over the past couple of years become passionate about mountaineering. I've really been bitten with the bug. I think its because it appeals to my aptitude for planning and research, my love of the outdoors, and my increasing need to find something big to motivate me to get off the couch (committing to a team for a climb 4-6 months in advance is a good motivator). I hate to be last up the mountain ... even though, as you might notice from some of my climbing videos, it seems that I'm often the exclusive subject of any video footage (the guys pull out their camcorders when they are waiting for me to catch up). This year I'm training hard ... hopefully I'll climb differently.

3.) My other passion is our business. I'm fortunate to have been invited to become a partner with a great group of people (some of you who are reading this may be clients, community partners, etc). We run a very well respected consulting firm called MacKay & Sposito, Inc. (www.mackaysposito.com). We have a great team, do amazing projects, and are looking forward to continued long-term success. With more than 30 years of history under our belts, it is great to be associated with a group that is really concerned about doing the right thing.

0 comments: